Are you interested in becoming a volunteer?
Yorkshire, Humberside and Lincolnshire Circles of Support and Accountability (YHLCOSA) Volunteers Needed
Yorkshire, Humberside and Lincolnshire Circles of Support and Accountability (YHLCOSA) is a community response to sexual harm, working in partnership with criminal justice agencies.
We aim to reduce the risk of future sexual harm by supporting and holding to account those who have acknowledged their sexually harmful thoughts or potential to offend (known as ‘Core Members’) and who are committed to safely leading responsible, non-harmful, productive lives.
The main objectives of each Circle are to:
- Ensure that there will be ‘No More Victims’ of sexual offending
- Hold the Core Member responsible and accountable for his or her actions
- Reduce isolation and encourage re-integration into the community
With our Circles of volunteers as our "magic ingredient" we aim to reduce the risk of future sexual harm by supporting and holding to account those who have acknowledged their sexually harmful thoughts, or potential to offend, and who are committed to safely leading responsible, non-harmful and productive lives and making our vision of 'No More Victims' a reality.
Circles are looking for committed people who are emotionally mature and empathic, and who are prepared to support the core member whilst holding them accountable for their behaviour. A volunteer needs to be emotionally resilient, and able to maintain firm boundaries. We welcome volunteers from all walks of life but they also need to be able to cope emotionally with the challenges of working within complex situations.
A Circle consists of four to six volunteers, initially meeting on a weekly basis as a group with the Core Member; Circles usually last for about a year. Volunteers receive full training and ongoing support and supervision to enable them, in turn, to support and appropriately hold to account the Core Member.
- All volunteers will meet informally with a member of staff following their application.
- Applicants take part in a two day long training course. The training is designed so that volunteers feel confident to support the core member, as well as be able to recognise and respond to inappropriate behaviour and hold them to account
- All travel costs incurred whilst volunteering will be refunded in full.
- Volunteers are subject to a DBS check.
If you are interested in being a Circle Volunteer, please visit our website at www.yhlcosa.org.uk or contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 630 911. Wanting to apply? You can do this directly and without any hassle on our website. If you would require an application form – simply contact us and we would be happy to post you one!